Wednesday, September 21, 2016

RELEASE OF CHILDREN'S BOOKS

       
In talking with teachers and those involved in the education of our children, I hear the call for reading material appropriate for children.  Over the years, I have worked with children encouraging them to develop skills that will expand their writing talent.  However, I only recently became interested in writing for the young.  With a new enthusiasm, I rose to the challenge and called upon my penchant for imagination and fantasy to pen four children’s books.  They are being introduced on Amazon.com, both paperback and Kindle.  I hope you will check them out and consider these books as a Christmas gift for your child. I ask that you provide feedback to help with the impact of these titles.  Feedback both positive and negative.  Without input, those who endeavor to provide good literature for your children become discouraged and abandon the difficult task of penning suitable children’s books. 

BOBBY AND THE RIDE is a fantasy of Bobby’s adventure at an entertainment park where he soars above the park seeing his books come to life. Best suited to early primary children just beginning to read.








JUMBO JONAH is a fantasy of the adventures of Jake and Mark, twelve-year-old boys, who find themselves marooned on an island with dinosaurs. In present day Texas, Mark survives a lightning strike and experiences an exciting adventure to challenge the imagination. From eight years to adult.





WILBUR WOLF is another fantasy adventure of Jake and Mark as they join with their Scout Troop for a summer camping trip.  Mark discovers he has a remarkable ability to communicate with animals since surviving a lightning strike one year earlier. As the result of this phenomena, Mark discovers he has knowledge that could mean life or death for the campers. From eight years to adult.





HERSHEY BOY is a light-hearted true tale of the life of a free-spirited Labrador Retriever.  Hershey brought joy to our lives for many years.  Through his life, I found that I often wondered what he might be thinking. Inspired by these thoughts, I wrote this story as imagined from Hershey’s point of view. From eight years old to adult.



I hope you will review these books and find them suitable for your children’s library. Grandparents check them out as the answer to that always challenging question, “What can I get my grandchild for Christmas?”




No comments:

Post a Comment